Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sickness

Sickness has consumed us for the past 6 days. Ace started with a stuffy nose and cough last Friday that has turned into a rattler. We stayed inside for 3 days straight :( He feels better but still has a rough cough. Gracyn started sneezing and coughing Sunday night and now I have watery eyes and stuffy nose, nothing Sudafed can't cure, just as long as it doesn't turn into a chest cold like Ace I'll be fine. Gracyn is a trooper, not fussy, no fever, just some boogies and he gets pissed when he coughs - LOL

A couple months ago we went in for a Audiology appointment for Asa's 4 Yr. hearing test. They found a conductive hearing loss in his right ear. With his tiny ear canals it's so hard to see what's going on in there. The suspect was fluid in the middle ear. Side note: he hasn't had any prominent ear infections - ever. The Audiologist said we'd give it a month and see if it cleared on it's own and repeat the test. We did that Dec. 28th with the same results. Since then we've been to ENT and yes he does have fluid in his middle ear and for some reason it's not draining on it's own - effecting his hearing. We go in for ear tubes next Wednesday, I know this is going to help him out so much and I can't wait. I have noticed since this cold set in that he is having a harder time hearing. Oh and on Thursday I'm scheduled to have a wisdom tooth taken out, Lord knows I don't have much wisdom to loose but it's been bothering me and gots to go :)

Wish us luck that we all get better and Ace and I aren't in too much pain together next week...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Tomorrow's ice storm won't help. I say you dress up in all your Hawaiian gear and pretend you went to Sanibel for the weekend.

    As for the wisdom teeth, make sure they seal you up good. Joe had a broken tooth extracted, the dentist got it out, but Joe bled mouthfuls as he was coming home, so he went back and had stitches.

    Love,
    Sashew

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I wanna see Ace dressed up in a t-shirt with the "Fantastic Four" logo I sent you. BEFORE he turns 5.

    Sashew

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My name is Jackie and I am a mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter, cousin to many, and a dreamer of sorts. I dream of many things and one is a life full of acceptance, achievement and success for my Super Hero son Asa. He's got extra good stuff that comes with a little thing called Down syndrome. We live in the beautiful state of New Hampshire with our 2 Bulldogs; Rosie, Frankie and 36 chickens.