Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Mardi Gras!

To My Sista' from another Motha' - The Narretto Family of Southern Louisiana!

Last year after Mardi Gras Season was over, my friend April who I met through this wonderful world of blogging and just so happens to have a son William who is also Perfection Made with 47 Chromosomes, sent Mr. Asa a BOX FULL of Mardi Gras Beads. To say the least over the past year I have picked these suckers up no less then 121 times. Some have got sucked up in the vacuum, dragged outside and forgotten or even made their way under a bed - they have been loved immensely, put in zip lock baggies, stuck in front pockets of backpacks, purposefully placed in a metal lunchbox and called a treasure chest, tangled and untangled just to be tangled again.

I have to say the meaning of these beads is more then just beads. They are love sent from across the country from a Family we have never met, but feel so close to. Someday Asa and William will get a chance to stand side by side and put their arms around each other - and call each other brother. Because they look so much alike they could be! It's amazing how in this world today you can make friends with people you have never been face to face with, how you can feel their friendship from so far away. 

So my dear friend - have a very happy Mardi Gras and catch lots of beads! Note: April does not go to the parade on Bourbon Street, there are tons of "FAMILY" parades during Mardi Gras, not just the BIG one in New Orleans :) and the kids catch the beads. I don't know why I felt obligated to clarify, I just did!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Ace looks so big, and Gracyn doesn't look too sure of you momma...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these cuties so glad they are enjoying the beads...more to come:)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My name is Jackie and I am a mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter, cousin to many, and a dreamer of sorts. I dream of many things and one is a life full of acceptance, achievement and success for my Super Hero son Asa. He's got extra good stuff that comes with a little thing called Down syndrome. We live in the beautiful state of New Hampshire with our 2 Bulldogs; Rosie, Frankie and 36 chickens.