Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Scary Things

So this little part of the country up here we call New England is a little on edge after yesterdays bombings at the Boston Marathon. What makes it so scary is that it happened on the streets I have walked down before. The ones I'd go bar hopping with friends who went to College just a short distance away. I thought back to those good times and now feel sadness because those streets are now scarred and will never be the same... I texted my friend Becky last night, I told her I wanted to give her a hug, for her and for her beloved Beantown. She now lives outside the city with her husband and two children and commutes to work, but these are her streets and I feel so sad that someone has broken them.

1 comment:

  1. such a senseless act of violence. at a loss of words still
    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My name is Jackie and I am a mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter, cousin to many, and a dreamer of sorts. I dream of many things and one is a life full of acceptance, achievement and success for my Super Hero son Asa. He's got extra good stuff that comes with a little thing called Down syndrome. We live in the beautiful state of New Hampshire with our 2 Bulldogs; Rosie, Frankie and 36 chickens.