Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A New Thing

Okay, this is a new thing for me. I'm not a tweeter or a facebooker, I'm barely a texter. I have wanted to do this for a while but really didn't have a reason to until I contributed to a blog a wonderful person started recently. Her name is Bethany and she shares something special with me, she has two beautiful little girls who happen to be built like my Super Hero Asa. They all have something "extra special", a little something called Down syndrome. The blog she started is called Real Life/Down syndrome, this is a great thing because it is written by the people for the people. It's a scary road to travel at first but once you know you're not alone and it's all going to be okay, you realize it's kind of like being a member of the cool club...

So, this being my first post in our brand spanking new blog I thought I'd write about new beginnings. We recently have bought and renovated a house -Oiy! Don't think we'll be doing that again for a VERY long time.

The Beginning:


The Middle:


The Near End:

A very special thanks to our best friend Jeff who did ALL the work ;-)

We are complete on the house, haven't had time to take a pic with it totally done yet. BUT, this is what our front yard looks like right now - MUD GLORIOUS MUD! I can't wait to plant shrubs and build decks and have actual grass to play on, but as you can see Ace doesn't mind the mud thing... Oh yeah, there is a LOT of trees we are cutting. The house is totally surrounded by pine trees - can you say "total lack of sunlight"? We're getting there, muddy but we're getting there...



Russ enjoyed it too - BATHS ALL AROUND!
And Mr. Asa - how gorgeous is my Child! Even with Mud!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have been inspired. :) Love the mud pics! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My name is Jackie and I am a mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter, cousin to many, and a dreamer of sorts. I dream of many things and one is a life full of acceptance, achievement and success for my Super Hero son Asa. He's got extra good stuff that comes with a little thing called Down syndrome. We live in the beautiful state of New Hampshire with our 2 Bulldogs; Rosie, Frankie and 36 chickens.