Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Going's On

April is such a transition month. Transitioning from Winter to Spring. Transitioning from monotonous to lots going on. It seems that every weekend from here on is filled with going's on. Which I'm totally fine with. I would much rather be doing then not. Racing season starts soon as well and that is almost every Saturday night spent at the race track. Asa loves the fact that Daddy races, but doesn't like the fact of sitting and watching. I'm hoping this year he'll be much more into the actually racing rather then running around, but I'm not holding my breath.

On the weekends that we are not racing the goal is to get some camping in. Brian really tends to relax more when you don't "have" to do anything other then sit in a lawn chair and drink a beer in front of a campfire. It's the only way I can get him to whined down. Even though he works Saturdays there are plenty of close by campgrounds we can hit up and me lurvs some camping in the White Mountains. I think it is one of the most beautiful places on earth, really. I know I live in NH, but never got the chance to see the wonders of my surroundings when I was younger - no offense Mom and Dad. Growing up we never did the hiking thing or camping thing as a family which was totally fine because we did the ocean and beach thing. Which some people can say they never experienced, and I know I was a very lucky little girl. Yes, (Mom) we did camp with Girl Scouts but that was a totally different experience especially the 2 weeks away from home when you're 7. In my "older" years I have enjoyed some time with friends "roughing it" (yeah right) and it is most enjoyable ;-) It is "so choice" as Ferris Bueller would say... Bueller? Bueller? Okay enough with the 80's flash back.

We got to enjoy some really nice weather this past weekend and check out the kid who still wanted to play in the snow! Oh my poor bushes I planted in the fall, they took it hard. Now if I can just get the dogs to stop peeing on them!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Jackie and I am a mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter, cousin to many, and a dreamer of sorts. I dream of many things and one is a life full of acceptance, achievement and success for my Super Hero son Asa. He's got extra good stuff that comes with a little thing called Down syndrome. We live in the beautiful state of New Hampshire with our 2 Bulldogs; Rosie, Frankie and 36 chickens.