Thursday, April 26, 2012

Henry Hen House

It may be a bit overboard, but it could be a cool clubhouse if we ever decide to not do chickens...

The front, it sits up on the hill a little.
The window is a leftover from a mix-up when ordering
windows for the house, on hinges to prop open.
We still need to build the run enclosure, isn't the little door cute? :)

Easy access to the nesting boxes for egg collecting!

Human Entrance
Frankie's butt is too cute in the background :O


Inside left, we used cheap roll of linoleum from Home Depot for floor.
Intend to sweep out, but also the deeper the shavings in the winter
the warmer it will be and some poo collection between the layers will add warmth.

Nesting Boxes, still need to put in some perches. Something across
the front of the boxes and then some across the back with a ramp.


1 comment:

  1. oh my looks like my kids play house:) I guess the ones here dont have to protect the chickens from such cold weather as you all have. Everyone around here has mesh wire and the chickens just stay on the ground. Love the house, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My name is Jackie and I am a mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter, cousin to many, and a dreamer of sorts. I dream of many things and one is a life full of acceptance, achievement and success for my Super Hero son Asa. He's got extra good stuff that comes with a little thing called Down syndrome. We live in the beautiful state of New Hampshire with our 2 Bulldogs; Rosie, Frankie and 36 chickens.