Thursday, October 7, 2010

Obama Signs Bill Replacing "Mental Retardation" with "Intellectual Disability".

How great is this?! Read all about it at Disability Scoop

I would also like to express how proud I am of my friend Bethany over at Life with Chicky, Bubba and Nika. 2 years ago Bethany and her husband Kyle adopted a beautiful little girl from Russia who was born with Down syndrome through Reece's Rainbow Adoption Ministry. Her name is Addison, but her Russian name is Nika. She is the most precious thing - you just want to scoop her up and give her the biggest bear hug! Mr. Asa thinks shes pretty special too, whenever he sees her picture or the too cute video clips Bethany puts on her blog he gets sooo excited to see her like she's just down the street and he plays with her everyday... I'm getting side tracked on cuteness... I must add, Bethany and Kyle's second child Payton was also born with Down syndrome - who is just as adorable as Nika! You can read all about Nika's adoption @ Dreaming on an Angel.

Bethany was called by the White House the other day and invited to speak on behalf of the Adoption Tax Credit and how it has benefited Nika and her Family. This meeting was streamed live as a Roundtable Webcast - check out how awesome Miss Bethany did! YOU GO MOMMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
My name is Jackie and I am a mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter, cousin to many, and a dreamer of sorts. I dream of many things and one is a life full of acceptance, achievement and success for my Super Hero son Asa. He's got extra good stuff that comes with a little thing called Down syndrome. We live in the beautiful state of New Hampshire with our 2 Bulldogs; Rosie, Frankie and 36 chickens.